Why Use a Buyer’s Agent?
Bill Allgaier, HarborView Yacht Sales principal seller's broker and buyer’s agent, has the experience and professional qualifications that will make the process of finding and purchasing your next yacht a gratifying experience. As a member of the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA) your broker will:
• Help you negotiate the fairest deal possible
• Research recently sold boats & selling prices
• Protecting your interest throughout the purchase process
• This professional service all at no cost to you
The buyer’s agent is paid only when the sale is made. The listing broker splits their commission with the cooperating agent. A large percentage of yacht sales are consummated through this arrangement and most professional yacht sales communities participate in cooperative efforts on behalf of their clients.
When using a buyer’s agent it is important that you make it known upfront in all discussions that you are being represented by your broker.
All transactions made by HarborView Yacht Sales buyer’s agent, will be in accordance with YBAA Standards & Code of Ethics. You can be assured that you are working with a professional who abides by the industry Code of Ethics one who meets industry knowledge, skill, and experience, one who strives to meet established standard practices and ethical conduct.
Some Tasks Your Buyer’s Agent is Prepared to Do for You:
• Search for vessels that meet your criteria
• Research competitive market pricing and recorded actual sale data
• Help negotiate a fair deal
• Advise and help with the assembly of a competent professional survey team
• Coordinate schedules for the survey event, schedule short haul or launch with the boat yard
• Renegotiate price/terms based on reasonable survey deficiencies
• Negotiate escrows that may need to be established & hold funds in a client escrow account
• Perform title search, order USGC abstract of title & prepare official closing documents
• Satisfy any and all existing loans/liens against the vessel prior to seller receiving net proceeds
• Advise on sales tax laws which will vary by state
• Prepare USCG documentation application and state registration paperwork
• Provide finance and insurance options
• Advise on shipping options or help with securing delivery captain & crew
• Provide assistance with slip and storage options
• Suggest maintenance services that are available for hire